湖北省黄冈市麻都市实验高中 2020-2021 学年高一英语 10 月月考试题时刻：120 分钟 满分：150 分 注重事项：1. 答卷前，考生务必将自个儿的姓名、考生号等填写在答题卡上。
第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分）做题时，先将答案标在试卷上。
第一节（共 5 小题；每题 1.5 分，满分 7.5 分）听下面 5 段对话。
每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。
听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时刻往返答有关小题和阅读下一小题。
1. What will the weather be like tomorrow?A. Rainy.B. Windy.C. Sunny.2. Who is making that noise in the woman’s eyes?A. The Nelsons.B. Her neighbor’s pet. C. The window cleaner.3. What is woman going to do?A. Go to a theater.B. Buy some food.C. Clean the kitchen.4. What are the speakers doing?A. Watching TV.B. Visiting a zoo.C. Reading a book.5. Where is the man?A. At a garage.B. In a car.C. At home.第二节 （共 15 小题；每题 1.5 分，满分 22.5 分）听下面 5 段对话或独白。
每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。
听每段对话或独白前，你将有时刻阅读各个小题, 每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时刻。
听下面一段对话，回答第 6 和第 7 两个小题。
6. How does the woman sound?
A. Excited.B. Annoyed.C. Stressed.7. What do the speakers want to do?A. Clean the ships.B. Take pictures of the ships.C. Read stories on the ships.听下面一段对话，回答第 8 和第 9 两个小题。
8. What is the relationship between the speakers?A. Husband and wife.B. Father and daughter.C. Salesman andcustomer.9. What does the man suggest the woman buy for Hila?A. A blue shirt.B. A green coat.C. A white sweater.听下面一段对话，回答第 10 至第 12 三个小题。
10. What happened to the girl this morning?A. She got up late.B. She forgot to take a shower.C. She quarreled with her brother.11. How did the girl go to school today?A. On foot.B. By bike.C. By bus.12. What did the girl leave at home?A. Her wallet.B. Her keys.C. Her schoolbag.听下面一段对话，回答第 13 至第 16 四个小题。
13. When is fitness exercise unavailable(无法得到的)?A. In the morning.B. In the afternoon.C. In the evening.14. How much does a three-time-a-week class cost on average?A. $14.B. $20.C. $30.15. What can members enjoy?A. A private pool.B. Half price.C. Advanced class.16. When can the woman register for membership?A. On February 14th.B. On February 16th.C. On February 20th.听下面一段独白，回答第 17 至第 20 四个小题。
17. Who stands in the middle of the three assistants?A. Mary.B. Gladys.C. Daniel.18. What is Daniel in charge of?A. The computer lab. B. The reference department. C. The periodical(期刊
的) area.19. When is the library open on Fridays?A. From 8:00 am to 6:00 pm.B. From 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.C. From 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.20. What will the assistants do next?A. Introduce the library. B. Ask some questions.C. Welcome theparents.第二部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 50 分）第一节（共 15 小题；每小题 2.5 分，满分 37.5 分）阅读下列短文，从每题所给的 A、B、C, D 四个选项中，选出最佳选项。
AHave you ever been to Taiwan, the biggest island of China? Do you want tovisit there? We'll show you the best Taiwan Island on a four-day tour.Price: Only ¥5,000Including: Round-way plane tickets between Beijing and Taiwan.Bus service around Taiwan. Best tour guide service.Places：Sun and Moon Lake: On one side of the island, the lake looks like the sun,on the other side it looks like the moon. That is why people call the lake Sunand Moon Lake.Ali Mountain: The nearest mountain around Sun and Moon Lake. A niceexperience to have a party with Gaoshan people. A wonderful place to see a verybeautiful sunrise.Peng Lake: A great place for swimming, fishing, boating and eatingdelicious fruit and fresh fish.Gao Xiong: A full day to go shopping.Book nowOffice hour Monday—Friday: 9:00 am—7:00 pm; Saturday: 9:00 am—4:00 pmTel: 6459-9561Sold out this month. Book by phone now for next month.21. The advertisement wants to ______.A. invite more people to take the tourB. tell you something aboutTaiwan
C. describe how beautiful Taiwan isD. show you the best of Taiwan22. If you go on a trip in Taiwan, where can you see the beautiful sunrise?A. On Sun and Moon Lake.B. On Ali Mountain.C. On Peng Lake.D. In Gao Xiong.23. If you want to visit Taiwan this month, you have to _____.A. visit their office on SaturdayB. phone the number 6459-9561C. turn to some other travel agenciesD. pay more to cover the sametourBOne day Mr. White gave his wife ten pounds for her birthday—ten new poundnotes. So Mrs. White went out shopping. She waited for a bus, got on it and satdown next to an old lady. After a while, Mrs. White noticed that the old lady'shandbag was open. Inside it, she saw a wad(叠) of pound notes exactly like theones her husband had given her. So she quickly looked into her own bag—thenotes had gone! Mrs. White was sure that the old lady next to her had stolenthem. She immediately thought of calling the police. But as she disliked makinga fuss(小题大作), she decided to take back the money from the old lady'shandbag and say nothing about it. She looked around to make sure nobody waswatching. Then she carefully put her hand into the old lady's bag, took thenotes, and put them into her own handbag.When she got home that evening, Mrs. White showed her husband the beautifulhat she had bought."How did you pay for it?" Mr. White asked."With the money you gave me for my birthday, of course" she answered."Oh? What's that, then?" he asked, as he pointed to a wad of pound notes onthe table.24. Why did Mr. White give his wife ten pounds?A. For a new handbag.B. For new notes.C. For her husband's birthday.D. For her birthday.25. What did Mrs. White buy using the money given by her husband?A. A new handbag.B. Stealing from an old 1ady.C. Nothing.D. A new hat.26. What did Mrs. White decide to do when she found another ten pounds in the
old lady's handbag on the bus? A. She wanted to call the police. B. She decided to talk with the old lady. C. She decided to take away her own money and said nothing. D. She decided to tell the lady and take the money away.27. Which of the following sentences is wrong? A. Mrs. White actually stole her money by herself. B. Mrs. White in fact became a thief then. C. Mr. White gave his wife some new pound notes for her birthday. D. The money was still at Mrs. White's home. C Life will probably be very different in 2050.First of all，it seems that TVchannels will have vanished by 2050.Instead，people will choose a programme from a “menu” and a computer will send the programme directly to the television. By 2050，music，films，programmes，newspapers and books will come to us in the similar way.In many places，agriculture is developing quickly and people are growing fruit and vegetables for export. This uses a lot of water. Therefore，there could be serious shortages of water. Some scientists predict that water could be the cause of wars if we don’t act now.In the future，cars will run on new，clean fuels and they will go very fast. Cars will have computers to control the speed and there won’t be any accidents. Today，many cars have computers that tell drivers exactly where they are. By 2050，the computer will control the car and drive it to your destination. Also，by 2050，space planes will fly people from Los Angeles to Tokyo in just two hours.Some big companies now prefer to use robots that do not ask for pay rises or go on strike，and work 24 hours a day. They are also easy to control. And they never argue with people. They can be easily used in a variety of places— factories，schools，offices，hospitals，shops and homes. Scientists will have discovered how to control genes. Scientists have already produced clones of animals. By 2050，scientists will be able to produce clones of people and decide how they look and how they behave. Scientists will be able to do these things，but should they?
28. Which of the following best explains “vanished” underlined in Paragraph1?A. Settled.B. Spread.C. Decreased.D. Disappeared.29. What does Paragraph 4 intend to show?A. Robots can work in different places.B. Robots have much to be improved.C. Robots work for humans for free.D. Robots have many advantages.30. What does the author want to express in the last paragraph?A. He probably disagrees with the idea of human cloning.B. He is looking forward to using cloning technology.C. The scientists have already discovered how to control genes.D. The scientists will face many difficulties of controlling genes.31. What is the best title for the text?A. High-tech CarsB. Life in the FutureC. Is Cloning Really Good?D. Are You Ready for the Future?DMost children have ever heard their parents yell "sit up straight! "or"don't hang your head!" when they eat dinner. Nowadays, it is also heard aroundanother activity—video games. Ten-year-old Owaish admits it takes him three tofour hours a day to play games on his tablet computer. In addition, he playsfor about two hours on the smart phone every day. As a result, he startedsuffering a serious pain in the neck around June or July. What's worse, thepain has spread to the hand and back gradually, which makes his mother Mehzabinbecome concerned.The doctors note the number of young children with the chronic pain(慢性病)in their necks, arms and shoulders is on the increase sharp in recent years.They are not aging, they haven't had an accident, the blood reports are fine,their X-rays are fine, and their MRIs are fine. Facts have proved that the painis from the poor posture(姿势) while they are playing video games on smartphones or other electronic devices.19-year-old student Nida feels pain in thefinger which holds the weight of her smart phone most of the day. Nida almostuses her smart phone 24/7, which means 24 hours a day, seven days a week, orall the time.